Dentists in Derby, Derbyshire 44 Main Street, Etwall, Derby, Derbyshire DE65 6LP
Healthy gums are important to your oral health as well as your general health and wellbeing. Poor gum hygiene can lead to infections, swelling, bleeding and may even result in the loss of your natural teeth.
Gum disease occurs in two stages: gingivitis and periodontitis. You may have gingivitis if you experience bleeding from the gums or notice that your gums appear red and inflamed. While this can be treated using dentist approved products, you may need to visit Etwall Dental Practice for a check-up.
Your dentist will clean the gums by removing plaque build-up, however, if it is more severe, they may need to scale the tooth’s surface and gum line. Our hygienist can also perform this cleaning technique.
Periodontitis occurs when gum disease is left untreated and may require specialist treatment to preserve the gum, the jawbone and your natural teeth.
How does gum disease occur?
In general, gum disease indicates a poor oral health care routine. It is caused by a build-up of plaque on the gums, leaving them vulnerable to bacteria and infection.
Gum disease can also be exasperated by:
To avoid gum disease, it is important to brush twice daily and to floss your teeth regularly. We can advise you on certain mouthwashes or pastes that could help prevent gum disease.
To book your appointment, please click here or call us on 01283 733391.
The team at Etwall Dental Practice are holding a special event on the exciting new teeth straightening treatment Invisalign®.
Invisalign® is an ideal solution for patients who wish to straighten their teeth quickly and discreetly, without anyone even noticing!
If you are interested in finding out more, come along and speak with our Certified Invisalign® specialists Dr Kunal Patel & Dr Charlotte Mowforth about the best solution for you to achieve a perfect smile!
Limited spaces available, please click here to sign up.
Attend the event to receive:
• FREE goody bag when you attend your Invisalign appointment on the day
• FREE Orthodontic / Cosmetic Consultation worth £75.00
• FREE 3D scan on your teeth so that you can see an instant simulation of what your teeth will look like after Invisalign® treatment.
• FREE Tooth whitening if you take up the treatment. Worth £350.00
• FREE Enamel contouring after treatment Worth £45.00 per tooth
• FREE fixed retainer Worth £145.00
• FREE removable retainers Worth £300.00
• FREE 1 year follow up review. Worth £75.00
• Interest FREE options will be available.